The Fit-Rider is an ideal activity for a cardiovascular work-out. It provides a lower-intensity workout that develops fitness without unnecessary strain on muscles or joints.
- Stretch and Warm-up for 5 minutes prior to any exercise.
- Place the balls of your feet on the bike pedals and grasp handles; this is your standard riding position. Pedal briefly in a cycling motion to check your positioning. This exercise should replicate riding an actual bicycle. Maintain the motion, with a smooth and even pace.
- Sit up straight. Think of tucking your chin back, keeping your shoulder blades squeezed down and back, and bringing your belly button back toward your spine. Grip the bike handlebars lightly, if at all.
- Monitor heart-rate and cycling speed to build up to an ideal level.
- Maintain steady pace for 20-30 minutes for ideal aerobic exercise.
- Cool-down for a 3-5 minute period for recovery of normal heart-rate.
- Stretch appropriate muscles to ensure recovery to resting position and prevent soreness.
Age Range: 12 Yrs old and up (Children should be supervised by an adult).