The Hip Swing is an ideal activity for a core and hip work-out. Using your weight to be the resistance to strengthen muscle groups in the abs, obliques and hips.
- Build strength and tone muscles in your core and hips
- Ability to increase core development with degree of abdominal engagement and build strength in hip flexors.
- Build stamina and cardiovascular fitness.
- Stretch and Warm-up for 5 minutes prior to any exercise.
- Place feet into foot-pads and stand facing frame. Keep legs slightly bent (do not lock knees) grip handles.
- Begin by holding handles and using your abdominal muscles, swing legs in a side-to-side motion.
- Maintain a smooth and even-paced motion.
- Use correct posture with shoulders back, head and chin up, and tighten your abdominal muscles. Look forward, not down.
- Remember to breath in at a smooth rate.
- Bring swing to a stop before exiting.
- Stretch appropriate muscles to ensure recovery to resting position and prevent soreness.
Age Range: 12 Yrs old and up (Children should be supervised by an adult).