The Monkey Bars are an ideal activity to build strength in arms, lat, core and grip strength.
- Stretch and Warm-up for 5 minutes prior to any exercise.
- Stand facing frame, reach up and grasp handle.
- Grasp handle with both hands and lift your entire body off ground by lifting your knees up. Look forward, not down.
- With one hand grasping firmly on one bar, let the other hand go and reach for the next one. Do this while keeping your entire body off the ground.
- Continue the same action by alternating hands each time. You may skip a bar or two if you are able. Swinging your body back and forth creating momentum will also make the exercise easier.
- Slowly and steadily make your way across until you reach the other side. Remember to breathe during the course of the workout.
- Stretch appropriate muscles to ensure recovery to resting position and prevent soreness.